How to be a NCMYH Coach
Thank you for choosing to be Coach with NCMYH.
Step 1 - Register with USA Hockey and obtain a USA Hockey Number. USA Hockey registration is located here:
Step 2 - Log into the StingHockey.org website and create a Participant Profile for yourself.
Step 3 - Use your Participant Profile to register in the "Coach-BOD-Volunteer program". Your USA Hockey number is required for this registration.
All staff who go on the ice with the kids are required to have a valid USA Hockey number.
If you have any questions, reach out to our Head of Coaches.
USA Hockey Certified Coaching
USA Hockey and the Coaching Education Program require both certification and registration to be eligible to coach. Registration is done online on a yearly basis. Certification is also required. A few basic steps requirements are as follows:
USA Hockey Requirements (Must be completed before participating in any team activities)
- Register as a member of USA Hockey.. Click here for more information.
- Complete the background screening. Click here.
- Complete the USA Hockey Safe Sport Training. (Required every year and cannot be added to a USA Hockey Certified roster until completed). Click here for more information.
- Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the age level of play you are coaching. (Modules only need to be completed once per age level. Must be completed PRIOR to participating in any team activities and cannot be added to a USA Hockey Certified roster until completed) Click here to register for the modules.
Coaching Education Program Certification Clinic Requirements (Must be completed by Dec. 31 of the season in which you are coaching)
- Find, register and attend the required certification clinic. You can only attend one clinic per season and all coaches start at Level 1. You can take clinics from April 1-Dec. 31 each season. Click here to locate a clinic.